CBMU Fall Conference 2018
November 27, 2018
FAIRMONT ROYAL YORK HOTEL - 100 FRONT STREET WEST, TORONTO, ON
PRELIMINARY CONFERENCE PROGRAM
|1:00 – 1:15 p.m.||President's Report|
|1:15 – 2:00 p.m.||
2017 Worldwide and Canadian Marine Figures. Highlights of the 2018 IUMI Conference
• Isabelle Therrien, CBMU President, Falvey Cargo Underwriting
• Matthew Lewis, CBMU Vice President, CNA
• Lars Lange, IUMI Secretary General
• Danielle Jackson, Winner of the 2018 CBMU-IUMI Award, Intact Insurance
|2:00 – 2:30 p.m.||
Transport Canada Update on Bill C-64 and Passenger Insurance Regulations
• François Marier, Manage/ Senior Policy Advisor - International Marine Policy,
|2:30 – 3:15 p.m.||
Legal update and USMCA: Insurance Implications
• Rui Fernandes and Gordon Hearn, Fernandes Hearn LLP
|3:15 – 3:30 p.m.||COFFEE BREAK|
|3:30 – 4:00 p.m.||
General Average and the "Maersk Honam"
• Tony Brain, Braden Marine Inc.
|4:00 - 4:30 p.m.||
Marine Builders' Risks
• Claudio Verconich, Liberty International Underwriters
|5:30 p.m.||COCKTAIL RECEPTION|
How to Register
You can either conveniently register online or you can register by mail/fax. To register by mail/fax, simply download our printable registration form, and mail or fax your completed registration along with payment to the address indicated on the form.
Companies that would like to arrange for a reserved table of eight people at the dinner should provide the CBMU Office with a list of all guests' names by November 20, 2018.
|ONLINE REGISTRATION||REGISTER BY MAIL/FAX|
Accommodation has been reserved at The Fairmont Royal York Hotel at a special rate of $279 Single/Double Rooms. To book your accommodations on-line please click here or, to make your reservation by phone, please call the Fairmont Royal York Reservations Department (1-800-663-7229) or the Fairmont Royal York Global Reservations Centre (1-800-441-1414), and identify yourself as being with The Canadian Board of Marine Underwriters.To qualify for the group rate you must book your accommodations by October 30, 2018.