IUMI Conference Award
Congratulations to Mark McNeil of Coast Underwriters - the recipient of the 2017 CBMU IUMI Conference Award!
Mark was appointed Director of Atlantic Operations, for Coast Underwriters Ltd. in December 2011. Prior to joining Coast Underwriters, he worked for RSA in their National Training Program. Mark has worked at Coast Underwriters’ Toronto, Vancouver and Halifax offices as a Commercial Underwriter and Underwriting Manager. He has a Bachelor’s degree from St. Francis Xavier University and a Certificate in Leadership Development from Dalhousie University. He is a current member of the CBMU Underwriting Committee and past member of the MIABC Underwriting Committee.
About the CBMU IUMI Conference Award:
1. Eligibility: Anyone working in Marine Insurance in Canada for a corporate member company of the CBMU, at least 3 years and not more than 15 years of experience.
2. The candidate participates upon one of the CBMU committees or will join on the year of the IUMI Conference.
3. CBMU Board members not eligible.
4. The recipient is expected to attend all sessions of the IUMI conference and provide a 3 to 5 page written report summarizing what they have taken away from the conference within 30 days of the end of the IUMI conference to be posted upon our CBMU website.
5. Participant has never been to an IUMI Conference previously.
6. Selection will be made by the CBMU Board from the applications submitted.
7. If for any reason any of the above criteria is not met at time of, or before the time of the Conference, the Award could be passed to the second participant or not awarded for that year at the discretion of the CBMU Board.
8. Preference will be given to candidates currently enrolled in the CIP program, especially to those taking marine courses.
Applications will be accepted starting April 1, 2017, with a deadline for all applications to be in by no later than May 15, 2017. The recipient will be announced at our Spring Conference.
Click here to access the IUMI Conference Award application form.